Aging is a part of being human, though it definitely isn’t a fun part. The most obvious signs of aging come in the form of wrinkles in the skin. Wrinkles are the first thing people tend to notice when they look at you.
WHAT MAKES THE SKIN AGE?
• Collagen breakdown – Collagen represents 75% of the skin’s dry weight. The breakdown and degradation of collagen contribute a great deal to the look of aged skin.
• Photo defense – Almost 90% of the symptoms of premature skin aging, skin damage, and skin cancer are because of repeated exposure to ultraviolet radiation from the sun.
• Oxidation – Free radicals are highly reactive molecules that have the potential to damage all molecules in the body, including the skin cells.
• Inflammation – Inflammation initiates the tissue-healing process and limits damage to the skin caused by everyday chemicals and pollutants. Excessive inflammation is a common symptom of early-onset skin aging.
• Glycation – Sugar is present in so many different types of food and has been found to make your skin age faster. Avoiding it may be difficult, but it can make a big difference.
• Alcohol – Cut down on the partying, because alcohol has been shown to have a negative impact on your skin. Alcohol makes you dehydrated, which causes premature aging of the skin.
• Smoking – Smoking impairs blood flow to the skin. With less blood flow, the skin doesn’t get as much of the oxygen and important nutrients that it needs to stay healthy.
Restylane is an FDA-approved injectable dermal filler made of biodegradable non-animal-stabilized hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance found in living organisms and works to give volume and fullness to the skin.
The hyaluronic acid in Restylane is carefully made to imitate a person’s naturally produced hyaluronic acid. Because of this, it is extremely rare for a patient to have an allergic reaction to Restylane.
Restylane can treat a variety of moderate and harsh age lines and wrinkles, including the nasolabial folds, marionette lines, parentheses lines, and smoker’s lines.
WHY SHOULD I TRY RESTYLANE?
Restylane is an excellent choice for a cosmetic treatment, because it is much less invasive and much safer than traditional aesthetic treatments. The treatment only takes around a half hour to complete. In some cases, there is mild swelling afterwards; this usually goes away on its own within 24 hours.
Restylane is a much cheaper option than facial surgery. It is surging in popularity due to its ability to add volume and decrease wrinkles after just a single visit to the doctor. It is fast acting, and its results make the skin look plumper and smoother for up to eighteen months.
SCHEDULING YOUR RESTYLANE CONSULTATION
If you are curious about Restylane and its many benefits, consider scheduling a consultation with Dr. R. Emerick Salas. Dr. Salas is a board-certified plastic surgeon with the skill needed to address any questions you may have about the procedure. He will be happy to meet with you and discuss the treatment in greater detail.